Firefighters extinguish fire at St Neots recycling plant

PUBLISHED: 10:34 07 February 2012

Archant

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a fire at a St Neots recyling plant this morning (Tuesday).

Two crews from St Neots were sent to Biffa in Marston Road at 7.55am and extinguished several small pockets of fire in an open door warehouse. The cause of fire was accidental.

Last night (Monday), a crew from Huntingdon put out a chimney fire in a house in Springfield Road, Alonbury Weston.

They were called at 10.05pm and used chimney rods to dislodge soot and debris that was on fire.

A spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

0 comments

More news stories

Yesterday, 14:03

A 12-year-old girl was assaulted as she walked home from school yesterday afternoon (Wednesday).

Yesterday, 12:00

Huntingdonshire District Council spends more than £30,000 a year dealing with stray dogs in its towns and villages, new figures have revealed.

Yesterday, 10:47

A woman has been airlifted to hospital in a life-threatening condition following a collision on the A141 this morning (Thursday).

Yesterday, 10:00

A Huntingdon man who punched two men after they challenged him about his behaviour in a playground has been given a community order.

Most read stories

Most commented stories

Local business directory

Cambridgeshire's trusted business finder
HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Hunts Post e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter