Firefighters extinguish fire at St Neots recycling plant
PUBLISHED: 10:34 07 February 2012
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a fire at a St Neots recyling plant this morning (Tuesday).
Two crews from St Neots were sent to Biffa in Marston Road at 7.55am and extinguished several small pockets of fire in an open door warehouse. The cause of fire was accidental.
Last night (Monday), a crew from Huntingdon put out a chimney fire in a house in Springfield Road, Alonbury Weston.
They were called at 10.05pm and used chimney rods to dislodge soot and debris that was on fire.
A spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”