Fire crews tackle Brampton kitchen fire

10:09 07 March 2014

Firefighters were called to a house fire in Letchworth GC this morning (Saturday).

Firefighters were called to a house fire in Letchworth GC this morning (Saturday).


Firefighters battled a blaze in a kitchen in Brampton yesterday morning.

One crew from Huntingdon and one crew from St Neots were called to Belle Isle Crescent at 8.30am. Wearing breathing apparatus, they extinguished the flames using a hose reel and used fans to clear the smoke.

The residents of the property were safely evacuated before the crews arrived.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

Crews returned to their stations by 10.15am.


More news stories

Yesterday, 16:01
£33k milestone for the Woodlands Centre, (l-r) volunteers Sheena Wilkinson, Liz Hardy, Miranda Knell, Di Pooley-Coles, Kathy Rogers, Marie Shepperson,

The Macmillan Cancer Support fund-raising committee in Huntingdon is celebrating after reaching an important milestone.

Yesterday, 09:45
Police Headquaters, Huntingdon

Cambridgeshire police are backing a national campaign warning people against the dangers of falling victim to fraud in the run-up to Christmas - especially on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

Thu, 19:41
Coroner's Court

A fire caused by a faulty fuse box led to the death of a St Neots man, an inquest has heard.

Thu, 14:42
The person British Transport Police would like to speak to in connection with a theft from a vending machine in Huntingdon.

Police have released CCTV images after cash was stolen from a vending machine in Huntingdon.

The North Pole Cambridge Christmas Festival is back in style throughout the festive season. This annual icy extravaganza is centred around a stunning 600m open-air ice rink, great for a fun filled day out with family & friends.

Read more

Most read stories

Most commented stories

Digital Edition

Read the Hunts Post e-edition E-edition