Fire breaks out at Huntingdon factory

14:45 20 June 2014

Firefighters were called to the factory in the early hours of this morning.

Firefighters were called to the factory in the early hours of this morning.

Archant

Firefighters battled a blaze at a Huntingdon factory.

Firefighters battled a blaze at a Huntingdon factory.

Two crews from the town were called to Forward Composites on Clifton Road at 1.59am, where they found an industrial oven on fire.

Wearing breathing apparatus, they extinguished the flames using a hose reel before returning to base by 3.25am.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

Paul Jackson, managing director of the company, described the fire as “routine stuff”.

He added: “There was a bit of smoke from an oven but there was no damage.”

There was previously a fire at the company’s premises in January this year, involving more than 40 firefighters and affecting a piece of machinery.

1 comment

  • How can Paul Jackson Managing director describe fire as 'ROUTINE STUFF'? If these fires are so routine, I suggest he gets his own staff trained up to be routine fire fighters. Why do the fire brigade, who do a brilliant job, have to deal with this factory, who, has these fires which are 'routine stuff', managing directors words, NOT mine. If I were the fire brigade I would sting the company with a very heafty call out charge. Well done to the fire brigade, you lads & women do a great job. Thank you to all of you.

    Report this comment

    David W

    Thursday, June 26, 2014

The views expressed in the above comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this site

More news stories

58 minutes ago
Pathfinder House, home of Huntingdonshire District Council.

A planning proposal to turn a warehouse unit in St Ives into a church has been submitted to Huntingdonshire District Council.

07:57
Parsley Pot, Huntingdon

A business consortium has purchased premises in Huntingdon’s High Street that was formerly home to a gift shop.

Yesterday, 11:49
Mandeville Hall Kimbolton, has had Infrared heating to its Main Hall and Community & Youth Hall, (l-r) Chairman Robert Oliver, from ACRE Lisa Chambers, from WREN Kerry Talbot, Managing Director of ACRE Andy Bloore

Kimbolton residents and community groups are set to benefit following the installation of new state-of-the-art infrared heating panels and LED lighting in the Mandeville Hall.

Yesterday, 12:57
Cllr Mac McGuire is asking for feedback from residents.

The library in St Ives has been selected to trial new technology which could help safeguard its opening hours.

Most read stories

Local business directory

Cambridgeshire's trusted business finder
HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Hunts Post e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up