Fire breaks out at Huntingdon factory

14:45 20 June 2014

Firefighters were called to the factory in the early hours of this morning.

Firefighters were called to the factory in the early hours of this morning.

Archant

Firefighters battled a blaze at a Huntingdon factory.

Firefighters battled a blaze at a Huntingdon factory.

Two crews from the town were called to Forward Composites on Clifton Road at 1.59am, where they found an industrial oven on fire.

Wearing breathing apparatus, they extinguished the flames using a hose reel before returning to base by 3.25am.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

Paul Jackson, managing director of the company, described the fire as “routine stuff”.

He added: “There was a bit of smoke from an oven but there was no damage.”

There was previously a fire at the company’s premises in January this year, involving more than 40 firefighters and affecting a piece of machinery.

1 comment

  • How can Paul Jackson Managing director describe fire as 'ROUTINE STUFF'? If these fires are so routine, I suggest he gets his own staff trained up to be routine fire fighters. Why do the fire brigade, who do a brilliant job, have to deal with this factory, who, has these fires which are 'routine stuff', managing directors words, NOT mine. If I were the fire brigade I would sting the company with a very heafty call out charge. Well done to the fire brigade, you lads & women do a great job. Thank you to all of you.

    Report this comment

    David W

    Thursday, June 26, 2014

The views expressed in the above comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this site

More news stories

Annabelle, centre, who is doing the bean bath stunt, pictured with SIYT members (from left) Paul, Sam, Chloe and Holly.

A St Ivo pupil plans to sit in a bath of beans in St Ives town centre to raise money for a theatre group’s performance in Edinburgh.

Police are investigating after a 16-year-old boy was left with serious injuries.

A teenager suffered serious neck injuries after rope tied between trees in St Neots caused him to come off his motorbike.

Fri, 17:32
Ben who was believed to have been targeted with boiling water.

A cat owner has spoken of his shock after his pet returned home with severe burns thought to have been caused by having boiling water thrown over him.

Fri, 09:08
Prime Minister David Cameron (left) and Mayor of London Boris Johnson with 3 year old Stephanie during a General Election campaign visit to Advantage Children's Day Nursery in Surbiton, Surrey. Photo: Chris Radburn/PA Wire

David Cameron is launching the Conservatives’ first English manifesto, with a promise of changes to ensure that English MPs have the final say on income tax rates in England.

”Calendar"/

Most read stories

Most commented stories

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Hunts Post e-edition today E-edition