Fire crews deal with arson incident at derelict building
PUBLISHED: 15:00 13 June 2017 | UPDATED: 15:12 13 June 2017
Four fire crews rushed to tackle a blaze at a derelict building in Yaxely in a case of arson.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service were called to an old mushroom farm, in Station Road, just after 4pm yesterday (Monday).
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus, along with a specialist appliance and water shuttle were sent to extinguish the fire.
Station commander Gavin Hammond said the cause was arson and warned: “Deliberate fires put lives at risk.”
Crews returned to their stations at about 9.21pm, with some visiting the building this morning (Tuesday) to inspect the scene.
A spokesman for the fire service added that crews from Ramsey, Stanground, Dogsthorpe and Whittlesey were called to the incident.