Fire breaks out at St Neots telephone exchange

PUBLISHED: 11:25 19 May 2014

Firefighters battled a blaze at the telephone exchange in St Neots.

A crew from the town was called to the fire in Tan Yard at 5.16pm yesterday (Sunday), where a high voltage power cable inside the engine room had caught fire.

Wearing breathing apparatus, two firefighters used a hose reel and two CO2 extinguishers to put out the flames. Fans were then used to clear smoke from the building.

Crews returned to base by 8.05pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

More news stories

07:38

A car dealer who claimed he was forced to sell written-off and damaged vehicles in order to clear a debt has escaped jail.

Yesterday, 14:01

A project that will transform the park and ride site in St Ives into a renewable energy generator has hit a major milestone.

Yesterday, 12:01

Budget supermarket retailer Aldi is planning to open a new branch in St Ives.

Yesterday, 09:46

Overnight work to resurface a 32-metre section of the A14 Huntingdon railway viaduct will begin tonight (July 24).

Most read stories

Local business directory

Cambridgeshire's trusted business finder
HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Hunts Post e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter