Dogs rescued in St Neots flat blaze

PUBLISHED: 11:05 09 November 2017

Archant

Firefighters have rescued two dogs from a burning flat in St Neots.

The fire broke out in the kitchen at the property in Mallard Lane just before 7pm last night (November 8) and firefighters were able to make sure all the occupants were accounted for as well as rescuing the pets.

Two crews from St Neots were present, using breathing apparatus and hoses to tackle the blaze, which was caused accidentally, They returned to the fire station by 8.30pm.

Early this morning a crew from St Neots was called out to a car fire which had been started deliberately on Cromwell Road.

The incident happened at 6.15am and firefighters urged anyone with information about the incident to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.

More news stories

07:54

A proposed new secondary school for Godmanchester is not needed and would have an adverse impact on other schools, a county councillor has warned.

Yesterday, 17:03

Charges will not be the driving force behind a review of parking in Huntindonshire, a senior councillor has said.

Yesterday, 16:00

The 102-year-old nephew of a soldier who died in the First World War was in attendance at a special ceremony held in Hemingford Grey on Remembrance Sunday.

Yesterday, 13:13

An inquest into the death of zookeeper Rosa King, who was mauled by a tiger at Hamerton Zoo Park near Huntingdon, will take place in May next year.

Most read stories

Local business directory

Cambridgeshire's trusted business finder
HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Hunts Post e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter