Ditch on fire in Ramsey after overhead cable falls down

PUBLISHED: 15:58 22 February 2013 | UPDATED: 15:58 22 February 2013

Ramsey ditch fire

Ramsey ditch fire

Archant

A FALLEN electrical cable set fire to a ditch this morning (Friday).

Firefighters were called to Benwick Road, Ramsey Forty Foot, at 10.35am, after an overhead cable came down, close to a home.

The fire was extinguished by 11.55am and the cause of fire was an electrical pylon fault.

0 comments

More news stories

07:59

A man who stole hundreds of pounds worth of toiletries from shops in Huntingdon has been banned from the town centre for two years.

Yesterday, 14:37

Staff were reportedly threatened with a knife during an armed robbery at a shop in Godmanchester.

Yesterday, 14:16

A pick-up truck based in Hartford which can reach 60mph in 1.3 seconds will go up for auction for the first time in 24 years next month.

Yesterday, 10:11

A family-owned business will move into St Neots following the closure of Fishers hardware store, to bring another independent business in the heart of the town.

Most read stories

Local business directory

Cambridgeshire's trusted business finder
HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Hunts Post e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter