Ditch on fire in Ramsey after overhead cable falls down

PUBLISHED: 15:58 22 February 2013 | UPDATED: 15:58 22 February 2013

Ramsey ditch fire

Ramsey ditch fire

Archant

A FALLEN electrical cable set fire to a ditch this morning (Friday).

Firefighters were called to Benwick Road, Ramsey Forty Foot, at 10.35am, after an overhead cable came down, close to a home.

The fire was extinguished by 11.55am and the cause of fire was an electrical pylon fault.

More news stories

Central England Co-operative has opened the doors to its new travel store in St Ives - investing £32,000 and creating five new jobs.

A man is due to appear at Cambridge Crown Court on Friday charged in connection with the death of two men following a collision in Yaxley.

Yesterday, 14:00

A new community shop in Great Paxton has finally opened its doors after a three-year fund-raising project.

Yesterday, 12:15

A curriculum review is taking place across both St Neots secondary schools after newly published government league tables showed the academies had scored below average in their Progress 8 results.

Most read stories

Local business directory

Cambridgeshire's trusted business finder
HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Hunts Post e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter