Barn blaze in Huntingdonshire village puts vintage tractors at risk

09:26 05 June 2014

Firefighters tackled the blaze.

Firefighters tackled the blaze.


Vintage tractors were damaged after a fire broke out in a barn.

Crews from Huntingdon, Cottenham and St Ives were sent to Earith Road, Colne, at 8.12pm on Tuesday (June 3) after a fire started in a metal barn, measuring 19mx9m.

Firefighters used water from a nearby open water source to help extinguish the fire, caused by a vehicle battery charged by a power lead.

Station commander Paul Clarke said: “The initial crews were met by a developing fire involving several vintage tractors stored in a barn. The immediate actions of the crews meant we were able to prevent a total loss, which was a superb effort by all involved.”


Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other Hunts Post visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by Hunts Post staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique Hunts Post account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

More news stories

£33k milestone for the Woodlands Centre, (l-r) volunteers Sheena Wilkinson, Liz Hardy, Miranda Knell, Di Pooley-Coles, Kathy Rogers, Marie Shepperson,

The Macmillan Cancer Support fund-raising committee in Huntingdon is celebrating after reaching an important milestone.

Police Headquaters, Huntingdon

Cambridgeshire police are backing a national campaign warning people against the dangers of falling victim to fraud in the run-up to Christmas - especially on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

Yesterday, 19:41
Coroner's Court

A fire caused by a faulty fuse box led to the death of a St Neots man, an inquest has heard.

Yesterday, 14:42
The person British Transport Police would like to speak to in connection with a theft from a vending machine in Huntingdon.

Police have released CCTV images after cash was stolen from a vending machine in Huntingdon.

The North Pole Cambridge Christmas Festival is back in style throughout the festive season. This annual icy extravaganza is centred around a stunning 600m open-air ice rink, great for a fun filled day out with family & friends.

Read more

Most read stories

Most commented stories

Digital Edition

Read the Hunts Post e-edition E-edition