Barn blaze in Huntingdonshire village puts vintage tractors at risk
PUBLISHED: 09:26 05 June 2014
Vintage tractors were damaged after a fire broke out in a barn.
Crews from Huntingdon, Cottenham and St Ives were sent to Earith Road, Colne, at 8.12pm on Tuesday (June 3) after a fire started in a metal barn, measuring 19mx9m.
Firefighters used water from a nearby open water source to help extinguish the fire, caused by a vehicle battery charged by a power lead.
Station commander Paul Clarke said: “The initial crews were met by a developing fire involving several vintage tractors stored in a barn. The immediate actions of the crews meant we were able to prevent a total loss, which was a superb effort by all involved.”