Barn blaze in Huntingdonshire village puts vintage tractors at risk

PUBLISHED: 09:26 05 June 2014

Firefighters tackled the blaze.

Firefighters tackled the blaze.

Archant

Vintage tractors were damaged after a fire broke out in a barn.

Crews from Huntingdon, Cottenham and St Ives were sent to Earith Road, Colne, at 8.12pm on Tuesday (June 3) after a fire started in a metal barn, measuring 19mx9m.

Firefighters used water from a nearby open water source to help extinguish the fire, caused by a vehicle battery charged by a power lead.

Station commander Paul Clarke said: “The initial crews were met by a developing fire involving several vintage tractors stored in a barn. The immediate actions of the crews meant we were able to prevent a total loss, which was a superb effort by all involved.”

More news stories

Friday, January 19, 2018

Motorists have been warned to expect delays during the next three weeks while work is carried out on the A428, between St Neots and Cambridge.

Friday, January 19, 2018

Chief Secretary to the Treasury Liz Truss visited Stansted Airport today to highlight the importance of exports to the UK economy and to hear about the airport’s multi-million pound expansion plans.

Friday, January 19, 2018

A driver was cut from their car after a collision in Sapley this morning (January 19).

Friday, January 19, 2018

Work has started on the construction of a new community primary school at Wyton-on-the-Hill.

Most read stories

Local business directory

Cambridgeshire's trusted business finder
HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Hunts Post e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter